Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crystal Filigree Necklace

When I saw the Swarovski filigree over at Rings and Things I decided I wanted to try working with them. So I purchased the one in this necklace, with no idea what I would do with it. Then as I was making gifts last month I decided to hang the filigree as a pendant. It's attached with a smaller jump ring so the E beads hold it in place.

Materials:
Swarovski filigree
Czech E beads - crystal color
Mocca Swarovski pearls
Czech fire polished faceted rounds
Little silver colored spacers
Soft Flex Extreme silver

I have two more filigree in my cart right now and I'm planning on trying a multi strand design. I'll probably do a bracelet first, then try making a choker. The choker I won't be able to wear for awhile as it's turtleneck weather right now. But that's alright, I'm looking at one of the floral shaped filigree for the choker so it will be a nice spring necklace.

2 comments:

Dave Robertson said...

Hi Claire, I've been enjoying these new filigrees with crystals, and I'm excited to see how you're using them. Great look, as a pendant!

--Dave at Rings & Things
[...so are you going to enter our Design Contest, going on right now?]

Claire Goverts said...

Thanks Dave. This was a fun necklace to make, even though it took me awhile to figure out the design.

I'll probably enter the contest. I have a few design ideas in mind, and am looking at supplies.